Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Soundtrack of my life

Today, a friend of mine posted a Myspace bulletin. Here is how the game works:
1. Open your music library
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button

I used my 2G iPod nano with a limited number of songs (1/10th of my iTunes library, but it still turned out pretty well:
Opening Credits: There Is a Light That Never Goes Out - The Divine Comedy (the Smiths original is a song of my life, a good beginning)
Waking up: Que Voy a Hacer Con Mi Amor - Alejandro Fernández (I am sure we have listened to this one at least once with R., still in bed)
First Day At School: Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me - Sexy Sadie (weird choice)
Falling In Love: Vojáček - Bratrstvo (this is an anti-war song, so make love no war)
Fight Song: Defying Gravity - Wicked (The musical) (Elphaba was against them all)
Breaking Up: Enterlude - The Killers ('outside the sun is shining')
Depression: I Am Just a Patsy - Manic Street Preachers (this matches perfectly, it's amazing)
Recovery: Lyric - Zwan ('a road without end')
Prom: Do I Look Like a Slut? - Avenue D (actually, I didn't)
Life: Brass in Pocket - The Pretenders ('gonna use my style... gonna use my imagination')
Mental Breakdown: Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado (well, anything goes at such a time)
Flashback: Oceán - Oceán (high school)
Getting Back Together: Solo Quédate En Silencio - RBD (very kitschy, both the song and the idea)
Wedding: C'mere - Interpol ('you said today, you know exactly how I feel')
Birth of Child: One Love - Suede ('tomorrow in their eyes')
Final Battle: Shipbuilding - Robert Wyatt ('diving for dear life')
Death Scene: Life On Mars? - Seu Jorge ('take a look at the Lawman')
Funeral Song: Sudestada - Gustavo Cerati ('trataba de explicar que ya no hay vuelta atrás')
End Credits: The Space Between - Dave Matthews Band ('hope we don't take this ship down')

No comments: