Friday, June 29, 2007

La Renta

Today I've had a last chance to send my Spanish tax declaration, but what a week of nightmares. First of all, I hadn't received the certificate of my income, it must have got lost somewhere. I have to admit that I should have taken care of it a long time ago, but well... one can make mistakes, can't one? I tried to get the document through the CSIC intranet but somehow I wasn't able to finish my registration process. I thought it might be because of the Macintosh peculiarities, so I opened the website in virtualized Windows on the same computer. I got the same result, with only half of the form showing up. Totally desperate, we called a CSIC computer guru and apparently, one can access the CSIC intranet only from a computer that runs Windows and a web browser that are both SPANISH localized! I haven't heard about such a stupid excuse before, for me it just doesn't make any sense. Then I experienced a classic Mac vs. Win clash, as the software that I had to use to fill the declaration forms was only for Windows. Fortunately, the virtualized version worked well (with some manageable quirks), so I could bring my tax papers to the bank in the morning. Hallelujah!

No comments: