Sunday, January 13, 2008

Shirts

Today, while ironing a mountain of shirts, I've discovered an interesting socio-political phenomenon. Nowadays, I have shirts that I bought in the US but also those that I've bought recently in Spain. Interestingly, those American ones are quite simple in terms of the cut, while the euroshirts are of a sophisticated construction full of tucks. As a result, it takes me five minutes to iron my GAP, Guess or Abercrombie shirts and about 15 minutes my Zara or Sfera ones. I keep wondering what that means. Is the fast-iron shirt a reflection of the fast-food style or, in general, a reflection of an easier life over there, as me and some of my friends realized after returning back to Europe? Is the complicated euroshirt actually here for some hypothetical Maruja the Maid who should iron them?

1 comment:

steph said...

I don't iron never and you know that...but life was less difficult in the US...after 3 months and a half, I still don't have the phone in Belgium...Aghhhh
Miss you